Are you looking to prepare for an emergency or high-risk situation? If so, you probably want to consider a tactical belt. And if you want to know what the best tactical belts are that have withstood the test of time, we have you covered.
We know that 2020 was a crazy year, but there’s a bright side- it’s shown a lot of people how important it is to be prepared for any situation.
Many more folks are looking into EDC bags and supply kits, and that’s great. But they might be forgetting one other key piece of equipment that can help them spring into action in an emergency.
That gear? A tactical belt.
But what exactly are tactical belts, why are they important, and which one should you get? This guide will break all of that down and more.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Choice for a Tactical Belt
While there are lots of excellent tactical belts, we believe none are quite as great as the QLT QIAOLETONG Tactical Battle Belt. Most tactical belts are made of nylon, which is fine overall. But this belt boasts quality Oxford cloth, guaranteeing excellent durability and comfort in equal measure.
Even better, it includes MOLLE-style mounting points so you can add patches, pouches, and sidearm holsters as needed. It has everything you could want in a tactical belt, whether you need one for EDC or for self-defense in a survival situation.
What Exactly Is a Tactical Belt?
It’s pretty simple when you get down to it. A tactical belt is basically a durable and longer-lasting belt compared to either a regular or utility belt. Where regular belts can keep your pants up, and utility belts can help you carry some extra gear, tactical belts can do both and will last longer due to their construction and stitching.
A tactical belt will help you carry your firearm, ammo, and survival knife. And it will help you do it inconspicuously. Some of the best tactical belts include specific attachment points or pockets. This makes carrying key EDC or military gear a breeze.
The Benefits of Tactical Belts
Tactical belts seem all well and good, but why do you need one? Turns out, tactical belts offer a number of great benefits.
For instance, you can use tactical belts to carry EDC (every day carry) or emergency items, even during your day-to-day activities. This way, you’ll be ready to help someone in an emergency or take your family out of the city during a disaster.
More specifically, tactical belts can help you carry:
- Survival equipment
- Emergency tools
- Sidearms and other self-defense tools like knives
- And more
Tactical belts are also beneficial since they are built to last. You won’t have to replace them very often, at least as long as you get a tactical belt made with excellent materials. Tons of tactical belts even go well with rugged and individualistic aesthetics. Pick the right tactical belt and you might just look awesome, too.
How to Choose a Tactical Belt
Of course, no two tactical belts are made identical. Let’s break down what you should look for in a tactical belt to make sure that you buy one perfect for your needs.
Types of Tactical Belts
There are a few different types of tactical belts, and your specific goals will dictate what kind of belt you buy.
For example, gun belts are very common and are relatively thick since they are designed to carry sidearms and applicable holsters. Many of them have internal stiffeners added to the belt’s webbing, which can make them a little uncomfortable.
Duty belts can also carry a lot of equipment but are designed such that you can have extra pouches and pockets at any point along their length. They also come with MOLLE attachment points, too.
Rigger and Instructor Belts
Rigger and instructor belts are extremely durable and often include heavy-duty buckles with nylon webbing materials. They can support a ton of weight and are often used as repelling harnesses (hence the name). Rigger belts are ideals if carrying a firearm is not important for your tactical belt.
Web belts are relatively affordable and are most comfortable. They are also quite durable. However, they can carry the least amount of any type of tactical belt.
Battle belts are essentially combinations between duty belts and more tactical gear systems. MOLLE attachment points are common, and lots of them can be combined with sidearms and other tactical military gear.
You should also investigate how many pockets or sections for gear a given tactical belt can offer. If you want to carry more gear, go for a thicker belt with more pockets or attachment points.
The best tactical belts should be built with excellent materials. Many will be made with tactical nylon webbing or leather for added durability. The latter is a little more fashionable but it’s often more expensive, and they require more care and maintenance to make sure they last for a long time.
Comfort and Adjustability
Any good tactical belt should be comfortable over the long-term. Be sure that any tactical belt you plan on buying can fit your waist and is easily adjustable – this may be necessary as you take things from the belt and add more things over time.
Lastly, be sure to consider the price of a tactical belt before buying it. A good one may be pricey upfront, but it could still be worthwhile if it lasts for years to come.
Top 10 Best Tactical Belts
Fairwin Military-Style Tactical Belt
- Tactical Belt Length - 45 inch, Width:1.5 inch, fit for waist 30-36 inches....
- Heavy Duty Metal Buckle - This tactical belt features a military belt...
- Quick Release - Intuitive and smooth quick release functionality when you...
- Quality Nylon Belt - Made by 1000 D environmental friendly nylon material,...
- Perfect Service - 2 year quality warranty. 60 day hassle free return...
This first belt has it all: military-style webbing, a heavy-duty buckle, and an excellent length of 45 inches by default. It includes a quick-release buckle and is made with 1000D environmentally friendly nylon material, so it’s both durable and generally comfortable for everyday use. The buckle, meanwhile, is made of heavy-duty material. Add to that a two-year warranty and a 60-day return policy and it’s clear that this is among the best of the best.
- Very durable
- Has a good warranty and return policy
- Super tough metal buckle
- Can release quickly
Jumbofit Tactical Belt for Men and Women
- ★【HIGH QUALITY NYLON】– Made of high strength, fast-dry eco-friendly...
- ★【BUCKLE DESIGN】– Aviation class 7075 aluminum alloy is used to...
- ★【QUICK RELEASE】– Intuitive and smooth quick release functionality...
- ★【FUll OCCASIONS SUPPORT 】– This nylon belt is not only a fashion...
- ★【BEST WARRANTY】– 1 years warranty for the products, 60-day hassle...
Next up is this quality tactical belt for both men and women. It’s a heavy-duty rigger’s belt with a quick-release system and an advanced, lightweight but durable buckle made from aluminum alloy. The buckle is made with advanced CNC machining to add corrosion resistance and excellent, snag-free functionality. The rest of the belt is made with high-quality nylon material and it comes with a one-year warranty and 60-day return policy.
- Gift box packaging available
- Has good return policy
- Made with environmentally-friendly nylon
- Has a lightweight but durable aluminum buckle
- Can quick release
QLT QIAOLETONG Tactical Battle Belt
This tactical belt is a little pricier than the last ones, but it’s highly adjustable and has lots of MOLLE attachment points so you can add military gear or identifying patches as necessary. It’s made with high-quality oxford cloth to add additional loadbearing capacity and durability. On the inside, you’ll benefit from a breathable mesh material that’s comfortable over the long-term.
The cobra-style buckle is anti-slip and made to last. All in all, it’s a perfect tactical gun or tool belt for men with wide hips who need something for carrying lots of stuff at once.
- Good carrying capacity
- Made of high-quality oxford cloth
- Has a full metal buckle
- 2 MOLLE columns
Fairwin 1.5-Inch Tactical Quick-Release Belt
- Size Information - The tactical belt Length 45”(115cm),...
- CCW Gun Belt - The military belts were popular use for any IWB or OWB...
- Quick Release Buckle - The military heavy duty buckle fastens and releases...
- How to Wear - 1.Remove the buckle from the webbing. 2. Get the webbing...
- 2 Years Warranties Support - If you have any problem of these nylon web...
This next Fairwin belt doesn’t have any holes but can release incredibly quickly in an emergency. It has an extra thick belt webbing for added durability without being exceptionally heavy – this could make it a good choice if you need something relatively lightweight but versatile. It’s also a particularly good choice for concealed carry needs or for wearing with shorts since the belt won’t flip when something heavy hangs on its side.
- Relatively lightweight but durable at the same time
- Has quick release clasps
- Features durable nylon webbing that resists flipping
Jukmo Tactical Belt
- QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE UPGRADED VERSION：The crafted heavy-duty buckle, made...
- HIGH QULITY STRETCH NYLON：We intent to make the strap be stretch. The...
- FOR SPECIAL YOU: Our solid belt suits for military, SWAT, fire fighters,...
- AS A PRESENT: Our elaborate belt is enclosed in an elegant gift box for you...
- SHOPPING GUARANTEE：If you meet any problems after purchasing the belt,...
Here’s another high-quality military rigger belt with nylon webbing and exceptional stitching. It also features a heavy-duty aluminum alloy buckle to give the belt excellent loadbearing capacity without being too heavy for comfort. The belt is one of the best when it comes to flexibility, as the strap is made with a special, stretch-friendly nylon that keeps it sturdy and solid also maintaining maximum flexibility.
- Has an aluminum alloy buckle to maintain a light weight while keeping durability
- Comes in an elegant gift box
- Has high-quality stretching nylon webbing
Wolf Tactical Heavy Duty Belt
- 【BUILT FOR CONCEALED CARRY】★ Featuring stiffened 2-ply webbing to...
- 【DURABLE STEEL BUCKLE AND D-RING】★ Solid metal hardware allows our...
- 【PREMIUM HEAVY DUTY MATERIALS】★ Crafted with two layers of rugged,...
- 【COMFORTABLE AND ADJUSTABLE】★ For a tactical gun belt, comfort and...
- 【TRUSTED WOLF TACTICAL QUALITY】★ Wolf Tactical designs mission-ready...
This thin and minimalist heavy-duty tactical belt is made with 2-ply webbing to support multiple gun holsters without rolling over. It includes a durable steel buckle, and you can easily convert this belt into a tactical harness if necessary. A special Velcro hook and loop provides added carrying capabilities and attachment points.
- Can converted from belt to tactical harness
- Made with two layers of high-quality nylon webbing
- Has Velcro hooks and loops
Mozeto Tactical Belt
- 【Quick Release Buckle】Intuitive and smooth quick release functionality...
- 【No Loop Holes Heavy Duty Web Belt】1000D webbing is quite durable and...
- 【Occasion Application】MOZETO Black belt suitable for daily wear,...
- 【Utility Belt Men SIZE】Belt width 1.5 inch, Buckle width size 1.3*1.97...
- 【RISK-FREE PURCHASE】If you meet any problems after purchasing the...
This military-style EDC gun belt features a heavy-duty and quick release buckle, plus a Velcro fixed tail so you can easily sling this over your hips in an instant. The rigger belt comes with touch fasteners and Velcro closures to prevent the belt from ever loosening. It also features a relatively small buckle that can also release instantly in an emergency.
- Has quick release functionality
- The buckle is small but durable
- Made with quite durable and eco-friendly nylon webbing
- Has Velcro closure to prevent it from loosening
5.11 Tactical Men’s Belt
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Complete your overall duty outfit with a tactical...
- CONVERTIBLE DESIGN - Engineered with an innovative design that can be...
- STURDY NON-METALLIC BUCKLE - This workwear belt is built with a...
- TACTICAL PERFORMANCE - Strategically built for convenient tactical or...
- TRUSTED BRAND - Developed with quality in mind, 5.11 Tactical offers a wide...
This convertible tactical belt is made with nylon webbing specifically designed to be scratch-resistant. It comes in multiple colors and is convertible so you can use it as a tiedown strap or secondary carry strap. Since the reinforcements are quadruple stitched, it should last for years to come and it comes with a nonmetallic buckle: a perfect pick for guys who need to go through metal detectors without setting off the alarm.
- Has a tough but not metal buckle
- Can be converted into straps for additional uses
- Comes in multiple colors
Krydex Quick Release Rigger MOLLE Belt
- 2-in-1 quick release MOLLE capable rigger belt
- Soft, comfortable, loop-backed 1.5" inner web belt goes inside your belt...
- Heavy duty 1.75 " double stiffened MOLLE outer belt attaches to the outside...
- If you are looking for a belt with light weight MOLLE attachment, velcro...
- Available Color :Black ,Coyote Brown ,Ranger Green , Coyote Brown+Black ,...
This quick release rigger belt is also constructed with MOLLE slots for added tactical pouches and patches. The belt overall is quite durable and comfortable, and it has a quick-release function for getting the belt off your hips in a hurry.
- Comes in multiple colors
- Has a quick release buckle
- Includes MOLLE rigging
KingMoore Men’s Tactical Belt
- 【Tactical Belt Length】 - 45 inch(115cm), Width:1.5 inch(3.8cm), fit for...
- 【Heavy Duty Metal Buckle 】- This tactical belt features a military belt...
- 【Quality Nylon Belt】 - This tactical belt made from wear-resisting...
- 【Quick Release】 - Intuitive and smooth quick release functionality when...
- 【No Hassle Money Back Guarantee】- We know you'll love our tactical belt...
This men’s tactical belt is durable and heavy-duty and is easily adjustable, featuring a metal buckle and quality nylon laced throughout the rest of the length. It can release quickly and easily, and the belt comes with a full refund guarantee if you aren’t satisfied. But most will be, especially since it’s among the most affordable tactical belts on the market.
- Made with heavy-duty nylon
- Comes with quick-release buckle
- Includes corrosion-resistant metal material for buckle
- Full refund guarantee
In the end, a tactical belt is essential for anyone preparing for civil unrest, riots, or a high-risk situation. Any of the above tactical belts would be a great choice for your EDC or emergency preparedness needs.
Remember that a true tactical belt is more robust than your average utility belt. At the end of the day, you need a tactical belt that is comfortable but durable. In this way, you’ll be prepared for any scenario that comes your way.
So tell us, what are some tactical belts that we may have missed?